Consulting Speech & Language Therapist
BSc (Hons) Rem. Ling. MRCSLT, MIASLT
23 Priory Office Park, Stillorgan
County Dublin, Ireland, A94 EK18
Tel: 00 353 (0) 1 2780886
The Private Practice is a consultancy service provided in Dublin, Ireland. It offers an in-depth assessment, diagnostic and treatment service for children and adolescents from the age of 6 years to school leaving age, that are presenting with queried or diagnosed Specific Learning Difficulties i.e. Reading & Spelling Difficulties including Dyslexia.
A professional service is also provided for students presenting with receptive and expressive language difficulties, either in association with or independent of their Specific Learning Difficulties.
The Private Practice does not offer a service for children or adolescents with speech, voice or fluency disorders or language difficulties in association with intellectual disability or autistic spectrum disorders.
This "specialist" literacy service uses the online WordsWorthLearning© program to give children who have been struggling at school, the competent reading and spelling skills they will need if they are to reach their true academic potential. Over the last 24 years thousands of children have benefitted from this program and service.
- In-depth individual receptive and expressive language assessment.
- In-depth individual literacy assessments (assessing reading accuracy, reading comprehension, spelling and written expression).
- Individual language therapy.
- Individual literacy therapy using WordsWorthLearning ©.
- Formal assessment or progress reports for schools, Department of Education or other agencies as required.
- Onward referral to other specialists if required.
- Consultation with schools and teachers.
- Consultation with other professionals (Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychiatrists).
- Home & School Language Programmes.
- One day Training Course teaching the on-line version of WordsWorthLearning © for professionals e.g. SLTs, Teachers, Psychologists.
- Seminars for parents / schools on request.
Assessment Referral Service
Clients may "self refer" or be referred by other Professionals. Ideally they should possess a psycho-educational assessment report, completed within the last two years, but this is not mandatory.
All Students under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent when attending for assessment.
The evaluation will take approximately two to three hours; this can vary according to the age and ability of the student. During the assessment session a detailed case history will be taken, followed by the administration of receptive, expressive and written language assessments. Additional assessments may be administered if indicated. Following the assessment:
Preliminary verbal feedback will be given at the end of the assessment and a summary written report will be sent in due course.
Alternatively a FORMAL written report can be issued for a fee, which will be sent in due course.
A treatment plan, if indicated, will be negotiated and agreed at the end of the session, which will also be highlighted in either the summary or formal report.
Reports can be made available to other professionals at the request and signed permission of parents.
- Half-hourly or hourly therapy sessions, weekly or fortnightly are timetabled by agreement.
- A parent / guardian must attend and observe or participate in the session. it is more effective therapeutically if the same parent / guardian attends for all sessions.
- The course of therapy is dependent on the type and severity of the disorder; however parents / students will be informed of the "expected" length of therapy following the initial assessment.
- Once the course of treatment is completed the student will be put on review for approximately 6 weeks in order to allow them to consolidate what they have learned.
- Following this, the student will be reassessed to ascertain their level of progress and to determine if further intervention is indicated.
Table of Fees
|Language & Literacy Assessment, Consultation & Detailed Report||€450.00|
|Literacy Assessment, Consultation & Report (up to 2 hours)||€300.00|
|Review - Literacy Assessment (up to 1 hour)including a report.||€150.00|
|Review - Language & Literacy Assessment (up to 2 hours) including a report.||€250.00|
|Application Form Completion; At the request of the parent/guardian (up to 1 hour).||€60.00|
|Consultation; At the request of the parent/guardian (up to 1 hour).||€100.00|
Tax Relief / Health Insurance Cover (in the Republic of Ireland)
- Parents (Irish residency) may claim tax relief for Speech & Language Therapy fees paid, although a medical referral (i.e. a GP referral) must accompany the claim. A percentage of fees paid may be claimed back from the Government by completing and submitting a 'Med 1' form.
- Speech & Language Therapy services are also covered by some health insurance policies, please check with your provider.
- A receipt for all fees paid will be issued at the end of therapy or at an earlier stage if requested.
Fees due for 1:1 Private Consultancy are payable in full (cash or cheque) on the day of attendance, unless prior arrangements have been agreed. Please note: Credit Card or Laser Card payment facilities are not available currently.
When you book an appointment for a 1:1 Private Consultancy; an agreed length of time and date are allocated to you. With this in mind the following cancellation policy is in operation:
- Cancellation a minimum of 1 full working day prior to the appointment: No charge
- Cancellation on the day of the appointment or a "no show": 100% of fee due
Dyslexia Specialist - Consulting Speech & Language Therapist
The Private Practice is open from Tuesday to Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
|Tel:||00 353 (0) 1 278 0886|